Welcome to ex2D Sprite Engine For Unity, Now at 2.0
ex2D is a Unity editor extension that provide performing and elegant 2D sprite solution.
We are happy to announce the beta release of ex2D 2.0 – a completely new framework built from scratch.
Fast, lightweight and easy to use – that’s what ex2D excels at.
- Quick Start
- Buy ex2D
- ex2D Forum
- ex2D 2.0 Discussion on Unity Forum
- Report ex2D Issues
- ex2D 1.X Website
ex2D 2.0 Features
- More Flexible Static Batching: ex2D’s own Static Batching allows you to define static sprites and render them at lightning speed during runtime.
- Customizable Dynamic Batching: ex2D’s own Dynamic Batching allows you define the size of each mesh batch, so you can use different batching strategy according to the bottle neck of your project’s performance.
- 2D Scene Editor: Create and edit your scene in the real 2D fashion! Everything here is 2D and what you see is what you get, plus a whole bunch of tools for sprites manipulating.
- Revolutionary Layer system: Managing batching, render order and hierarchy structure has never been easier.
- Improved Atlas Editor: Now supports sprite rotates, texture compression option and import atlas from tools like TexturePacker.
- Team Collaboration Ready: ex2D 2.0 changed the way how asset management work. Say goodbye to the pesky DB files we used in ex2D 1.X. Now textures are managed through TextureInfo, an asset type that you can easily put under version control.
Join the Beta Now!
Now you can download the beta package of ex2D 2.0. You can test it with full feature but you’re not allowed to publish software or apps with it.
Important Notice on Compatibility
ex2D 2.0 is NOT Compatible with projects created with ex2D 1.X! Do not import ex2D 2.0 package into your ex2D 1.X project! It will break everything if you insist doing that.
Once we are more sure about the work flow and assets pipeline, we may be able to write migration tool so you can have your ex2D v1.X project upgraded.
If you have any issue or question, please use the following way to get back to us: